sauvblanc-bottle-sm.gif

2010 Sauvignon Blanc

Composition:100% Sauvignon Blanc
Appellation:Knights Valley, Sonoma County
Winemaker:Penny Gadd-Coster
Vineyard:Vena Vineyard
Harvest Date:September 27 & 28, 2010
Bottling Date:December 14, 2011
Release Date:March, 2012
Cases Produced:120
Release Price:$24
Alcohol: 14.5%    pH: 3.38     Acidity: 0.66

Winemaking Notes: Our 2010 Sauvignon Blanc grapes were hand-harvested at our Knights Valley vineyard on September 27th and 28th. The grapes were pressed and then 80% was fermented in stainless steel to maintain the bright fruit expression of the Sauvignon Blanc grape. The remaining 20% was fermented in French oak barrels to impart a rich, elegant mouth-feel and more rounded flavors.

Tasting Notes: Pale straw in color, with aromas of Bosc pear, citrus, spice and tropical fruit in the nose. Bright flavors of pineapple, grapefruit, kiwi and pear mingle in the mouth. A crisp entry with a nice balance of acidity and fruit segues to a round and full mid-palate and concludes with a clean refreshing finish.

This wine is delicious paired with roasted chicken, Asian curry dishes and seafood specialties.