sauvblanc-bottle-sm.gif

2011 Sauvignon Blanc

Composition:100% Sauvignon Blanc
Appellation:Knights Valley, Sonoma County
Winemaker:Penny Gadd-Coster
Vineyard:Vena Vineyard
Harvest Date:September 14, 2011
Bottling Date:January 16, 2013
Release Date:February, 2013
Cases Produced:1250
Release Price:$26
Alcohol: 13.2%    pH: 3.18     Acidity: 0.67
Winemaking Notes: Our 2011 Sauvignon Blanc grapes were hand-harvested in ½ ton bins at our Knights Valley vineyard on September 14th. The grapes were whole cluster pressed to .8 bar to reduce yield to 165 gallons per ton of fruit . The grape juice was then cool fermented (50-55 degrees) without conducting malolactic fermentation, 80% in stainless steel tank to maintain the bright fruit expression of the Sauvignon Blanc. The remaining 20% was fermented in French oak barrels to impart a rich, elegant mouth-feel and more rounded flavors. The wine was aged on its lees for 9 months with gentle batonnage once a month.

Tasting Notes: Pale straw in color, with floral aromas and hints of Bosc pear, citrus and tropical fruit mingle in the nose. Bright tropical flavors of pineapple, grapefruit, kiwi and pear glide seamlessly with a crisp minerality. A nice balance of acidity and fruit segues to a round and full mid-palate and concludes with a clean refreshing finish.